The better you know your audience, their likes and dislikes, the easier it becomes to choose the right speaker for your event. Ask yourself:
1. Are they coming to the event to be informed about something? to share their own insights? or to be entertained?
2. Will they be engaged by personal stories of failure and success?
3. Do they want an outsider’s view on their business issues?
4. Are they interested in discovering what the future of their industry looks like?
5. Will they respond better to a speaker who focusses on the power of the individual rather than business issues?