Wellbeing & Performance Expert
Inspiring people to take more action so they can thrive more in their lives
Motivational speaker meets high performance trainer, George’s sessions inspire audiences to want to take action, and equips them with the practical tools and strategies that will have an immediate and lasting impact on their lives.
Drawing on personal experiences and 20 years of client work in the wellbeing space, George shares engaging stories that captivate the audience and connects them to the content, helping them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
He draws each individual audience member into his presentations so that they become the hero of their own story. By stripping away the overwhelm and complexity of wellbeing and performance and replacing it with a philosophy of ‘progress, not perfection’, he creates a vision of ownership and possibility.
After gaining a masters degree in engineering George pivoted and pursued his passion for a purpose-lead career in wellbeing. With an ongoing education in neurolinguistic programming, neuroscience coaching and positive psychology, his presentations also draw upon his experiences and lessons from ultra-endurance challenges. These include 10 back to back marathons, two 24 hour 100 mile ultra marathons, and ironman triathlon.
How to switch off at the end of the day
Do you ever walk through the door after a long day at work, only to find that your mind continues to whir at a thousand miles an hour?
If you do, you’re not alone.
According to 2019 study, 74% of professionals consider the inability to switch off and relax to be the major contributing factor to a negative work / life balance.
‘Switching off’ is your ability to shift your focus away from worries and thoughts about work and onto other non-work-related activities.
In this informative, entertaining and engaging session, International wellbeing and performance expert George Anderson will outline the fundamental issues that are preventing you from switching off.
He’ll present a number of practical tools that can help you access periods of calm inner quiet, essential for balanced wellbeing and mental health.
In this session you will learn:
- The underlying causes of an ‘always on’ mind
- Why work life balance is a function of attention, not just time
- Techniques to help recognise and manage rumination and worry
- A simple power down routine to help you optimise your sleep
- 3 common behaviours to avoid
Bridging The Gap Between Knowing And Doing
‘I know what to do, but I just don’t do it!’ – how to go from information to implementation
How many times have you decided to start a new habit only to find yourself self-sabotaging and undercutting your best intentions a few days later?
Not only do these tendencies get in our way of making consistent progress, it can feel incredibly frustrating and have a significant impact on our self-belief and confidence.
In this interactive session you will learn:
- How to get clarity on your new habits with the ‘3W’ system (What, When, Where)
- Why connecting the What to the Why, is important for ongoing motivation and consistency
- The Principle of +1, and why ‘all or nothing’ rarely works for behaviour change
- How to ‘get out of your own way’ with leading edge research from positive psychology
- How to ensure habits serve you, without becoming enslaved to them
How To Manage Your Energy
Energy is one of our greatest and most important resources – without it, we may struggle to perform at work, to take on new challenges, to be engaged with parents/partners/friends and to find fun in life.
In this practical session we’ll explore how movement boosts energy, the ways in which we can fuel our energy on a daily basis AND in the long-term, and the positive impact this can have our physical, emotional and mental health.
You will learn:
- A back-to-basics approach to exercise
- Micro-workouts perfect for the time-poor
- The NEAT way to avoid becoming an ‘active couch potato’
- A simple daily stretch routine to keep backs, hips and shoulders loose and free
- How to quickly power down and calm the nervous system
- This is a practical session and attendees are encouraged to follow along with the exercises where possible.
- The session is supported with a number of follow-up resources including follow-along video recordings of the exercises and stretches, and a 14 day 5-minutes-a-day core program
Cultivating a Positive Mindset
How to be more, think more, and feel more positive
As we plunge into the Winter months and uncertainty continues to surround us, the world can seem a very gloomy place. It’s more important than ever that we cultivate a positive approach to life to avoid being sucked into the vortex.
In this session, wellbeing, mindset and performance expert George Anderson will guide you through a number of tried and tested strategies to instil a greater sense of optimism, and help you be more, think more and feel more positive.
In this session you will learn:
- The physiology of non-toxic positivity (and why it’s not just ‘all in your head’)
- The daily habits that systemise positivity in your life
- How to avoid falling into the most common Thinking Traps
Journaling: an introduction to creating personal insights
The practice of journaling has had a surge in interest recently, mainly because we are starting to understand the enormous benefits that it can bring, particularly in terms of mental wellbeing.
Blogs, wellbeing websites and magazines are full of research that outlines why we should be keeping a journal, as well as a range of ‘how to’ information.
But there is lots of conflicting advice and journaling is an inherently personal endeavour. In this practical session with wellbeing and performance expert and author of the Work In Progress Journal George Anderson, you will learn more about the benefits of journaling and how to find a journaling practice that works for you.
This session will cover:
- Benefits of journaling
- Practical techniques to get started and build the habit, and the common mistakes to avoid
- 5 different approaches to journaling
- How to use your journal to create greater awareness, self-understanding and transformation
- The importance of self-compassion and journaling without judgement
The 7 Performance Blockers And How To Break Through To Your Next Level
You set your goals, you make your plan and you feel the motivation to work towards them. But despite having everything in place, something still holds you back from stepping up to your next level of performance.
This frustrating scenario may show up in your work life, with health and wellbeing goals, relationships or any other aspect of your life.
This session explores the 7 Performance Blockers – procrastination, overwhelm, self-sabotage, confidence, beliefs, fears and emotions – and how to dismantle them to pave your way to progress.
In the session you’ll learn:
- How to identify and understand where and how you are holding yourself back
- The mistake of relying on motivation to power you past the Blockers
“George is a truly inspirational speaker and the sessions he delivered had a really positive impact on all our colleagues” Lauren Mintrim, Talent & Engagement Manager, PeoplePlus
“George energised our teams with his engaging style, and everyone had practical and actionable take away from the session. When wanting to perform at our best at work, it is essential to understand how to feel and be our best self first; and George can support any team with achieving this” Boris Huard, Managing Director, EMEA at GBG Plc
“George is a very positive, high energy speaker who took the time to understand what we were looking for and tailored his presentation to our specific needs. The feedback from attendees was very complimentary and we would be delighted to work with George again in future” Julia Nammuni, Senior Strategy Executive, British Land
“George ran a wellness programme for my team at Salesforce and provided some great strategies to help them manage their energy.” Musidora Jorgensen, Head of UK Energy & Utilities, Salesforce
“George’s engaging style of delivery, peppered with personal insights and subject matter expertise is a winning formula … leaving his audience’s inspired to take positive steps for themselves and their direct reports. Would highly recommend George for his delivery of masterclass leadership sessions” Gila Stockell, Learning & Development Consultant at Atkins