Jeff Grout was, until 2000, UK Managing Director of Robert Half International, the largest specialist recruitment consultancy in the world. A graduate of the London School of Economics, he joined Robert Half International as a Recruiter at the age of 28, after an eclectic career as a van driver, passport office administrator, cleaner, world traveller and local government town planner.
He remained with Robert Half International for almost 21 years and built up the UK operation from two offices and 12 staff into a business with a domestic turnover of £65 million, 18 offices and over 350 staff.
Jeff is now an independent business consultant focusing on people management, team building, peak performance, recruitment and retention issues. He holds a number of corporate advisory and executive coaching appointments and also runs various management training workshops on effective selection and client relationship marketing. Jeff also acts as Business Manager for the former England Rugby Coach, Sir Clive Woodward OBE.
His accumulated expertise in all aspects of recruitment means that he is often in demand as a commentator, columnist and speaker. He has appeared on television and has participated in numerous radio programmes. Jeff collaborated with the BBC in producing an interview training video and has run seminars for a number of leading companies, including Marks & Spencer, Lloyds Bank, British Airways, Merrill Lynch, Guinness and Lever Brothers.
'The man who has interviewed Michael Parkinson and many more...'
Jeff Grout has conducted public interviews with a group of people who know first hand, and often spectacularly, about being successful. Their frank, informative and amusing insights into the mechanics of success have informed Jeff's thinking and provide rich material for his presentations.
· Sir Terence Conran, Designer, Retailer & Restaurateur
· Anita Roddick, Body Shop Founder
· Greg Dyke, Director General of BBC
· David Lloyd, Former Tennis Professional & Entrepreneur of the Year
· Prue Leith, Writer, Broadcaster, Restaurateur & Cook
· Jack Rowell, Former Manager, England Rugby Team
· Lord Sheppard, Ex-Chairman of Grand Metropolitan
· Ron Dennis, Managing Director of McLaren Motor Racing Team
· Peter De Savary, Entrepreneur
· Karren Brady, Managing Director of Birmingham City Football Club
· Chris Wright, Chairman of Chrysalis Group, Media Company
· Tony Robinson, Actor ('Baldrick' from Black Adder)
· Rick Parry, Chairman of Liverpool Football Club
· Harvey Goldsmith, Music Promoter
· Ken Bates, Chairman of Chelsea Football Club
· Sir Chay Blyth, Yachtsman, Adventurer & Businessman
· Lord Archer, former Conservative Politician and Author
· Michael Parkinson, Chatshow Host and Journalist
· Michael Winner, Film Director & Restaurant Critic
Jeff has spoken to audiences in the UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, Denmark, Portugal and the Netherlands. His keynote speeches include:
· Building High Performance Teams
· The Characteristics of Success
· The Adventure Capitalists
· Recruiting Excellence
· Creating the Right Work/Lifestyle Balance
· Making the Selection Interview More Effective
· The Changing Workplace
· Building the Recruitment - Retention Bridge
· The Making of Champions
The Adventure Capitalists by Jeff Grout and Lynne Curry (Apr 1, 1999)
Kickstart Your Career: The Complete Insider’s Guide to Landing Your Ideal Job (The Kickstart Series) by Jeff Grout and Sarah Perrin (Jan 24, 2002)
Recruiting Excellence: An Insider’s Guide to Sourcing Top Talent by Jeff Grout and Sarah Perrin (Jun 1, 2005)
Mind Games: Inspirational lessons from the world’s finest sports stars by Jeff Grout, Sarah Perrin and Sir Clive Woodward (Aug 25, 2006)
What You Need to Know about Leadership by Jeff Grout and Liz Fisher (Apr 11, 2011)
"I really was impressed - a very thought-provoking and challenging presentation. Within a couple of hours of returning to my desk I'd already used a couple of Jeff's ideas" - Arthur Tanner, HR Director, Random House Group
"Jeff's talk hit the spot... and benefited from the preparation done understanding our business and current issues" - Rory Mitchell, Finance Director, Balfour Beatty Rail Projects