Author & Counsellor
Linda is passionate about supporting people to empower themselves and enhance their experience of life. She shares insights, tools and strategies for self- support and self awareness; blending knowledge, reflection and practical tools to enrich the overall experience.
You have more power than you know.
Linda will help you find ways to enhance your wellbeing and access your inner resources
Since the publication of her book “See You In Two Minutes Ma” in 2016 which depicts the aftermath of her teenage sons death by suicide, Linda has been speaking on overcoming adversity, sharing her honest and inspiring demonstration of renewal after adversity.
Linda speaks with authenticity and also shares practical tools to help people manage their well being in challenging times.
Linda facilitates stress management and resilience clinics for community groups, government funded agencies and private business.
Linda has also been interviewed on RTEs Nationwide, local and national radio and for podcast.
Linda Allen is a therapist with a comprehensive skill set. She has supported adults and children in building confidence, resilience and self-awareness both with individuals and with groups. Integrated in her work is her training in the field of energy medicine having studied many modalities and this broad wealth of knowledge and experience informs her work. Linda worked in the area of personal development in adult education for the ETB for over 10 years as well working in Child Protection for Tusla with children in Care and more recently with staff in Tusla providing Stress Resilience clinics
These diverse experiences served to broaden Linda’s knowledge and
experience and gain resources to help guide people through a variety of stressful situations.
Finding Certainty in an Uncertain World
How to tap into our inner resourcefulness to support us in an ever changing world. How many roles do you find you are trying to live in just one day? As a wife/ husband, mother/father, employer/employee most of it on automatic pilot – skipping from one role to the other. In the constant rush it can become more difficult to enjoy and be alive to each.
In this session we will:
- Recognise our stressors and triggers
- Explore the importance of Self awareness
- Identify thinking patterns that keep us in the loop of fear
- Understand how we operate under pressure in challenging times
- Develop helpful and effective strategies to support our resourcefulness.
- Discuss skills that will help find the constant that exists within us all, beneath the roles
On Building Resilience
When faced with continued uncertainty, too many deadlines, and busy lives, stress builds up in our minds and bodies and our problem solving capabilities and our general well being are effected negatively.
With some simple and practical tools you can bring about balance in your nervous system and enhance a feeling of more certainty and well being.
In this session we will explore and experience tips and strategies to combat stress and anxiety:
- Explore the importance of toning of the Vagus nerve
- Tune in to and take on taking on the voice in our head that says we are not measuring up
- Mindful Moments using our senses to bring respite to the swirling mind
- Learn techniques for changing internal mental processes that create stress
- Enhance effective communication skills
No matter what life throws at us there is a way to support ourselves to find the silver lining and help us feel empowered.
In this session we will explore:
- Survival mode and how it supports us for a time
- Moving to a place of feeling the feelings and emotional regulation
- Recognise when we are triggered
- Identify inner and outer resources
- Learn to adapt to the changes
- Develop strategies to help us renew and regain our confidence
Relaxation and Stress management:
Based on Mindful moments and relaxation techniques this workshop helps people to learn:
- How to bring calm to their busy minds and thus their lives
- Demonstrates the impact of sustained stress on our wellbeing
- Explores the the relationship between thoughts and emotions
- Develops a wellness toolkit and a wellness plan
You may want to go deeper with your audience. Masterclasses can be tailored and developed to suit your audience needs, be it a 90-minute Masterclass, a half-day or full-day workshop or a full online or face-to-face programme. Please contact one of our expert team to discuss.
Breaking Free from Conditioning and Regaining our Sense of Self
This is an in-depth look at how we can break the habits and patterns of our lifetime that keep us stuck in a cycle of fear and /or stress bring balance and harmony into our nervous system and mind.
- Self Awareness a place of power helping us to-find the inner resources and how to use them
- Exploring our values and their importance
- Learning to observe yourself in action and reaction and turning that observation into a useful ally.
“Great discussion on how we are wired and why we act the way we do. Practical ideas on how to support and look after ourselves. Wonderful strategies and tools to help alleviate stress and restore calm” Paula O’ Neill
“Linda was knowledgeable about the subject of physiology of stress, antidotes to stress and mindfulness, among a number of other topics, and demonstrated a high level of enthusiasm , empathy and engagement during the session. I found the mix of theory and practical guidance offered to be of a very high standard. Feedback from our attendees was excellent.” Kay Cullinan, City of Dublin ETB